Hide Me

Emergency Help

We can’t be there in person to help and support you in a moment of crisis, but there are other options available to you if you can’t turn to someone you trust. By giving us your postcode (or one nearby to where you are right now) we can let you know about services in your area. Remember: this moment will pass; you won’t always feel the way you do right now. 

If in doubt always call 999.

You can also sign up to Alumina, our online support for mental health and wellbeing here: 





You're on the Young People Site

Dedicated to self-harm recovery, insight and support.

What Do I Do If I'm Struggling With Anxiety?

It can be really hard to know if you have a diagnosable anxiety disorder. After all, anxiety is a matter of perspective and what causes one person anxiety, may not cause anxiety for someone else. How do you diagnose something that's different for every person?  

Fortunately for you and me, it's not our job to do that as we aren't doctors who've had years of medical training and understand how to diagnose and begin to treat mental health disorders like anxiety. It is our job however, to say when something isn't right with us.

The NHS website says "If you're experiencing symptoms of anxiety over a long period of time, you may have an anxiety disorder." 

There are several types of named anxiety disorders and you can read all about them on the NHS website. Before you do that though, read this...

Know that you don't have to tick every box to qualify for getting some help. 

Know that just because you had that panic attack last week and you're ok now, does not mean you don't need any further support.

Know that just because you know someone who is really struggling with anxiety, and your's isn't that bad, that what you're feeling still matters.

And know that if you don't feel right. You're allowed to ask for help. Always. Even if this is the first time, or the tenth time.

You matter, regardless of what other people think.

If you think you're struggling with anxiety - book an appointment with your GP now. You can do it.